Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yes! ShadowySteeds Has Horses!

Yesterday, I was asked about my blog name... ShadowySteeds. Yes, I have horses. And I they are as important as my garden! Above is my Paint stallion, Smooth Rebel Cause. I decided to post a few photos of my equines that were taken in a "garden" setting... as I, as an equine photographer, think they should be!
As you will note, the azaleas offer so many photo opportunities. Above is my Egyptian Arabian mare, Fi Zilylah. 18 years young this coming Feb.
The old mare Serr Beth, another Egyptian Arabian. She has since passed at the age of 28. But I love this photo and have an oil pastel I did hanging on my wall in her memory.

Azaleas again (I just love them for photo shoots). And a Straight Egyptian Arabian stallion I used to own. Fi Zilylah, above, is his daughter....
My oldest daughter some years back on her first pony, Fancy

Just a pretty shot of a Half Arab mare I have now. She is for sale!
My first Paint mare. She still graces my pastures and has had many fine foals
Old Dahriefa, Al Khamsa Arabian mare, with my pines behind her. Sadly, they are all gone due to Katrina. And so is Dahriefa...
Just wanted to share.






8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us your other passion. Your horses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Azaleas AND Arabians??? You're killing me!

    They're just about my 2 favorite things in the world. Thanks for sharing these fab photos. I have been blogging about my problem horse. You've now inspired me to blog about my little miss perfect mare...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses are magnificent.Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I am not a horse person, but I know quality when I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such splendid horses! I love all their names and the one with your daughter, that's priceless. Thanks... now we understand the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fine horses. Now, I understand why you cherish them. Your blog name is unusual but meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am enjoying your pictures of your life in the south. Sad to see pine trees that didn't survive Katrina. And always sad to see beloved animals that are no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are kindred spirits: Gardening and horses. Life does not get any better--well it does when I throw in a couple grandkids. ann

    ReplyDelete