Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today was an overcast day, with rain this morning when I woke up to get my two youngsters ready for school. I decided to do laundry (yuck).

Often times, I think we overlook the beauty of the little creatures that live in our gardens. The fellow above was one of many that completely decimated my huge tomato bush in, say, about, 3 seconds flat (well, perhaps I exaggerate, but it surely seemed that quick). These Tobacco Hornworms wiped out my bush...twice!! But aren't they just stunning?!


This fellow above wasn't exactly so tiny! He was about 5 inches long and was floating in my pond after a hurricane briefly brushed us. He is a Hickory Horned Devil and came back to life after I brought him up to the house. How interesting!!




2 comments:

  1. Hey Robin, congrats on your new blog being born. The few images you've posted are absolutely killer. I'll be watching eagerly for more.Great job and welcome to Blotanical.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is the perfect Hallowe'en beast! Even has devil in the name. Very interesting indeed. :-0
    Frances

    ReplyDelete